Thursday 7 May 2009

End of term revels



Today was the last day of teaching before the summer, and my class and I celebrated by watching my favourite episode of Fawlty Towers, "The psychiatrist". Should have had tea and biscuits too, of course, to make it a proper occasion.
Many great phrases stem from Fawlty Towers, most notably "Pretentious, moi?", and "Don't mention the war!".
In the rather cool spring evenings we've had lately, Hubby and I have enjoyed ourselves by watching FT again, one episode per night. We've both watched them a number of times, but they're still absolutely hilarious - I don't think I know any better comedies than this.

http://

2 comments:

  1. Hi hi - akkurat den der er min absolutte favoritt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, veldig nifty språklek der. Ikke ofte man sier "on those trays" med akkurat den betoningen.

    ReplyDelete